Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

Nothing will download

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

Nothing will download

Postby AmandaKill420 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:34 pm

I just updated my FrostWire to the newest version, and nothing will download. i try to download something, and it says Error in the Status column. Any suggestions? I can't find help for this issue anywhere else.
Give a man a match, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
AmandaKill420

Re: Nothing will download

Postby Scott1x » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 pm

AmandaKill420 wrote:I just updated my FrostWire to the newest version, and nothing will download. i try to download something, and it says Error in the Status column. Any suggestions? I can't find help for this issue anywhere else.

First: make sure you have the latest java.
Latest Version of Java http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Then try another site. There are a LOT of bad torrents out there, now. Read the board. I've mentioned it several times. Read reviews before downloading to minimize the chances of that.
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby AmandaKill420 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Scott1x wrote:
AmandaKill420 wrote:I just updated my FrostWire to the newest version, and nothing will download. i try to download something, and it says Error in the Status column. Any suggestions? I can't find help for this issue anywhere else.

First: make sure you have the latest java.
Latest Version of Java http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Then try another site. There are a LOT of bad torrents out there, now. Read the board. I've mentioned it several times. Read reviews before downloading to minimize the chances of that.

I do have the latest version of Java. I've also tried many many different torrents. Any other suggestions?
Give a man a match, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
AmandaKill420

Postby Scott1x » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

AmandaKill420 wrote:I do have the latest version of Java. I've also tried many many different torrents. Any other suggestions?

A lot of things have change since Sept 16, so I'd suggest that you start with getting the current version which does not depend on installed Java, and go from there. Here are general procedures to get FrostWire working....

The basic check list for FrostWire problems include:
    Latest Version of FrostWire http://frostwire.com
    Firewall allowing FrostWire
    Router allowing ports and/or set for UPnP
Make sure that you have all windows updates current.
DO check the fire wall, and any security programs you may have running.

Insure FrostWire is completely terminated, and go into the windows fire wall advanced>inbound rules and delete all references to FrostWire. What we want to do is force windows to ask for connect permission on the next execution. That way, all of the parameters should be correct. If you are using some other firewall, do what it takes to force it back to it's original state, relative to FrostWire so that you can get a clean start.

If you have some other firewall or security center,(such as McAfee Security Center or zone alarm, etc.) make sure that it's allowing FrostWire, also make sure your virus program or malware monitors are not killing it.
NOW: Last resort effort - (for Win7. Other systems will have similar files)
    From file explorer, navigate to use c:\users\YourAccount
    (assuming your system drive is c:\") and delete the folder: .frostwire5
    This forces a reinitialization of FrostWire, so you will have to answer the setup questions.
    ONLY do this step, if all other steps have failed.
Restart FrostWire and be alert for any error indications.

If you think you need to change the listening port, here is an article, from my help pages, on changing the listening port: http://catfangz.com/frostwire/listen.html

That may get you going.
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support