Frostwire freezing immediatly

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
alaylanna

Re: Frostwire freezing immediatly

Postby alaylanna » Sat May 18, 2013 12:20 pm

I dont have a virus my avast would tell me automatically with that said I run scans everyday and I only had my firewall down long enough to see if that was what was causing frostwire to have problems. It was up then i had problems so i took it down to see if the problem would fix itself and it didnt improve but i put it back up. I have restarted my computer many times. I restart my computer everytime i reinstall and install and uninstall something.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat May 18, 2013 12:27 pm

alaylanna wrote:I dont have a virus my avast would tell me automatically with that said I run scans everyday and I only had my firewall down long enough to see if that was what was causing frostwire to have problems. It was up then i had problems so i took it down to see if the problem would fix itself and it didnt improve but i put it back up. I have restarted my computer many times. I restart my computer everytime i reinstall and install and uninstall something.

You did not answer any of the questions I asked about your environment.
I would NOT put my trust in only one checker. What about other forms of malware? Have you checked for those?
Did you do the things I suggested?
That is the next step.

alaylanna

Postby alaylanna » Sat May 18, 2013 12:27 pm

YOUR NOT LISTENING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!! My router is allowing frostwire. I have already went to windows firewall and deleted all refrences to frostwire. Didnt you read the post where i said I already did everything the you told the last guy to do. I have the latest version of frostwire. Your not listening to me because you keep repeating yourself and you said if you have mcafee I told you I have AVAST Mcaffee is crap! I have had no problems then bam i have a problem. I can still download stuff, its just if im not on the window for a while it becomes inactive and lags or freezes but its still downloading because if i use task manager to close it then i reopen it the download has progressed.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat May 18, 2013 12:30 pm

alaylanna wrote:YOUR NOT LISTENING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!! My router is allowing frostwire. I have already went to windows firewall and deleted all refrences to frostwire. Didnt you read the post where i said I already did everything the you told the last guy to do. I have the latest version of frostwire. Your not listening to me because you keep repeating yourself and you said if you have mcafee I told you I have AVAST Mcaffee is crap! I have had no problems then bam i have a problem. I can still download stuff, its just if im not on the window for a while it becomes inactive and lags or freezes but its still downloading because if i use task manager to close it then i reopen it the download has progressed.

I AM listening to you and you are NOT answering my question. I sent you a general document telling anyone the steps to take. If you can't figure out what to do, I can't help you. Either answer my questions, try what I suggest, or use another product.

I can't help you without adequate feed back.

Zooky

Postby Zooky » Sat May 18, 2013 5:36 pm

alaylanna wrote: I have already went to windows firewall and deleted all refrences to frostwire.

I believe that eliminating all references to FW will have the effect of not allowing FW access to your computer?
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat May 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Zooky wrote:
alaylanna wrote: I have already went to windows firewall and deleted all refrences to frostwire.

I believe that eliminating all references to FW will have the effect of not allowing FW access to your computer?

In windows, that forces the firewall to ask for permission as if it is a new program. You can try to set it yourself, but that can be hit and miss. It's a quick and easy way to get the firewall job done.

alaylanna

Postby alaylanna » Sun May 19, 2013 3:25 am

My friend had an answer to your firewall crap. He said you probably are reading from flash cards. Thats why you have no idea what you are talking about. He is helping me with my problem since obiviously you cant. Firewalls arent needed if you arent an idiot who clicks on links and not know what your clicking on. Im not stupid like half these people on frostwire. I listen to the stupid shit they put up and laugh. Even you are stupid. You just sit and smile and keep reading your Q cards because you really dont have a degree to be talking. My friend does graphic web design for big companies. Everybody comes to him for help. So before you keep telling people how to fix there problems. GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 am

alaylanna wrote:My friend had an answer to your firewall crap. He said you probably are reading from flash cards. Thats why you have no idea what you are talking about. He is helping me with my problem since obiviously you cant. Firewalls arent needed if you arent an idiot who clicks on links and not know what your clicking on. Im not stupid like half these people on frostwire. I listen to the stupid shit they put up and laugh. Even you are stupid. You just sit and smile and keep reading your Q cards because you really dont have a degree to be talking. My friend does graphic web design for big companies. Everybody comes to him for help. So before you keep telling people how to fix there problems. GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

I am retired from the IT field and I spent years working on mainframes, helping to design security protocols. You do NOT have to click on links to get infected. With no firewall, port scanners can find your computer and exploit known weaknesses in the operating system. I am neither stupid nor do I need more school. I've taught some of those classes, so what would the purpose be.

This is not a response to you. You don't have what it takes so grasp it. If you were half as good as you thought you are, you'd have fixed the problem and be offering advice, here, not complaining about how we can't help you and don't listen. So have him remove your firewalls, fix you current problem, and be reeeel careful on the links you click on... just like that makes a difference.

This response is more to inform others who may read the post how essential firewalls are. Posts are left available so others may benefit from them. Yours will also provide comedy relief.

Thank you for the fun time.

Zooky

Postby Zooky » Sun May 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Gee - this is the 1st time I've actually added someone to my "blocked' users (foe list). I love to see people like this person flapping their arms and moving their mouths out in cyberspace. :)
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Nerdy_Anarchist

Postby Nerdy_Anarchist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:57 pm

FrostWire was freezing for me when Id search anything. I found a fix though for me. its basic and anyone should know how to do this. I change the priority of it in task manager to high. Fixed it for me instantly. Its worth a try.. I don't red comments so if someone mentioned this then I apologize for my ignorance.

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”