Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

Burned movie, but won't play in the DVD player

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

Burned movie, but won't play in the DVD player

Postby ddmiller777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am

Ok, so I successfully downloaded a movie from Frostwire. I clicked the movie to make sure it was good quality and the full-length film, and all checked out good. I then burned the movie to a DVD-R. Once it was finished burning, I put the DVD back into the computer to make sure it worked properly. The movie played fine on my laptop. HOWEVER, when I put it in my DVD player, it read 'Disc Error' and wouldn't play. I dunno if this makes any difference, but .avi was the file extension on Frostwire. What do I need to do to be able to play movies in my DVD player?

I know this is frowned upon, but I'm only burning movies to watch on my TV instead of my laptop.
ddmiller777

Re: Burned movie, but won't play in the DVD player

Postby Scott1x » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 am

What video formats your video player will handle is dependent on the machine, itself. The documentation that came with it, or the manufacture's site could help you there. If you want to author DVD programs, there is software available that will make such a task simpler and allow basic menu selection as well as converting to a standard DVD format. Check google for what's available in this area.
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 am

Additionally, you might want to take a look at: http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/
I have not tried it, but it is the type of thing I mentioned.
Scott1x

Postby Zooky » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

ddmiller777 wrote:Ok, so I successfully downloaded a movie from Frostwire. I clicked the movie to make sure it was good quality and the full-length film, and all checked out good. I then burned the movie to a DVD-R.

Was the originally downloaded file in .avi format? If so, you to run it thru and pre-processer such as DivxToDVD which will put it in the required VOB format.
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz
Zooky

Postby ddmiller777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Ok, nevermind. I figured it out. I went back and burned it through a software that came on my computer (Windows DVD Maker), and now it is playing in the DVD player. Thanks for the responses, though!
ddmiller777

Postby Scott1x » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm

The Windows DVD Maker is sure one approach! Enjoy your DVDs, now!
Scott1x

Postby ddmiller777 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:39 am

So, now I'm running into another problem.. I have used Windows DVD Maker for two different movies. On the computer they look fine, but when I put it in the DVD player to watch it on the TV, the screen shows the movie in a square and the picture looks smushed together. It's like this even after I switched Windows DVD Maker to burn the DVD in widescreen. Any suggestions? I dunno if this is a problem with downloading movies from FrostWire in general or if it is something with the Windows Maker..
ddmiller777

Postby Zooky » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am

ddmiller777 wrote:So, now I'm running into another problem.. I have used Windows DVD Maker for two different movies. On the computer they look fine, but when I put it in the DVD player to watch it on the TV, the screen shows the movie in a square and the picture looks smushed together. It's like this even after I switched Windows DVD Maker to burn the DVD in widescreen. Any suggestions? I dunno if this is a problem with downloading movies from FrostWire in general or if it is something with the Windows Maker..

Options - bottom right of initial screen come in to play here.

A. If in North America use NTSC
B. If "offshore" from North America you may have to use PAL

Make sure Aspect Ratio is correct for your T.V.
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz
Zooky

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support