Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

Problems downloading multiple songs with Frostwire 5.3.2

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

Problems downloading multiple songs with Frostwire 5.3.2

Postby KutsaiChan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:23 pm

I couldn't find this in the FAQ, so...
I try to que multiple songs but all it does when I double click a new song, it cancels the current download and starts the new one, preventing a lineup of que'd songs.

Is there a setting I chose wrong?
I have a Turbo-Charged connection, am using my home wireless with a full signal, not sharing with neighbors or anyone else in the house. My java version is 1.6.0_30 (not sure if that's current.), and am using Windows Vista on a Dell laptop.
It's been a long time since I've used Frostwire, the last time being back with v 4.21.7.
KutsaiChan

Re: Problems downloading multiple songs with Frostwire 5.3.2

Postby Scott1x » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:39 pm

KutsaiChan wrote:I couldn't find this in the FAQ, so...
I try to que multiple songs but all it does when I double click a new song, it cancels the current download and starts the new one, preventing a lineup of que'd songs.

I have a Turbo-Charged connection, am using my home wireless with a full signal, not sharing with neighbors or anyone else in the house. My java version is 1.6.0_30 (not sure if that's current.), and am using Windows Vista on a Dell laptop.
It's been a long time since I've used Frostwire, the last time being back with v 4.21.7.

It sounds as if you are attempt to download multiple songs from the same torrent. You can solve this problem by finding the torrent and using the right button to get a menu from which you can select download partial files. There you can select as few or as many of the files contained in the torrent as you wish.

Many torrents contain multiple files so whole collections can be downloaded very simply. Single files, while possible, are not as easy.
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby KutsaiChan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Scott1x wrote:
KutsaiChan wrote:I couldn't find this in the FAQ, so...

It sounds as if you are attempt to download multiple songs from the same torrent. You can solve this problem by finding the torrent and using the right button to get a menu from which you can select download partial files. There you can select as few or as many of the files contained in the torrent as you wish.

Many torrents contain multiple files so whole collections can be downloaded very simply. Single files, while possible, are not as easy.

I can't seem to find the download partial files option. ^^;
They are all from the same torrent, yes.
KutsaiChan

Postby Humanoid » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Searching in the Torrents category, you will see a little [+] icon next to the torrent name. Click that and you can choose whichever files you want.
Keep in mind, though, that torrents are more like folders, so it may be better to search for an artist or album rather than a specific song.
Humanoid

Postby KutsaiChan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Humanoid wrote:Searching in the Torrents category, you will see a little [+] icon next to the torrent name. Click that and you can choose whichever files you want.
Keep in mind, though, that torrents are more like folders, so it may be better to search for an artist or album rather than a specific song.

I'll include a screencap of it because I don't see plus signs, either ^^;
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p310/Kutsai_Chan/frostwirestuff.jpg
KutsaiChan

Postby Scott1x » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:15 pm

KutsaiChan wrote:I can't seem to find the download partial files option. ^^;
They are all from the same torrent, yes.

Under filter results, set type to torrent. The right button on the selected torrent should show a download partial files option.
Scott1x

Postby Wyle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 am

once you have the torrent locally, is there a way to see details or select single files for download through the library listing of local torrents as opposed to the search tabs?

I'm trying to avoid searching for the same torrent over and over. Its more convenient to grab TV episodes one at a time rather than a whole season at once.

Read your FAQs, searched the forum. Didn't see this addressed.

Thanks
Wyle

Postby Scott1x » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 am

Wyle wrote:once you have the torrent locally, is there a way to see details or select single files for download through the library listing of local torrents as opposed to the search tabs?

I'm trying to avoid searching for the same torrent over and over. Its more convenient to grab TV episodes one at a time rather than a whole season at once.

Read your FAQs, searched the forum. Didn't see this addressed.

Thanks

I have not found a way to do this. If you use the FrostWire search, you have one shot at selecting files (right button menu), as far as I can tell. If you get the torrent from elsewhere, you have no shot. You could make this as an enhancement suggestion!!!!

As far as TV show, most of them are available as individual episodes, so that you not be a major problem. If you are looking for something so old, the single episodes aren't available, I'd just bite the bullet and do the whole thing though you could select the torrent, download your single show, cancel it, select it again, download the next, though I can't imagine why you'd want to. Getting an entire season is just SO easy!
Scott1x

Postby Zooky » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Wyle wrote:once you have the torrent locally, is there a way to see details or select single files for download through the library listing of local torrents as opposed to the search tabs?

Perhaps I don't completely understand your problem. But, I did this:

A. Downloaded a torrent containing multiple episodes.
B. The Torrent was now listed in FW's "Torrents": but,
C. The actual, single files, were listed in the path you provided in Options>Bit Torrent>Torrent Data Save folder

Now I can access each one of them individually without having to re-download any of them.
If they're in avi format, and you need to place them on a DVD, you will need to process each one of them. A free program such as:
DivxToDVD
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz
Zooky

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support