Uninstall Frostwire

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

Uninstall Frostwire

Postby ifullilove » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:04 pm

I am trying to uninstall Frostwire. I have Windows Vista and I go to Control Panel, then I go to Uninstall programs. I cannot find the frostwire program. Would it be listed under another name?
ifullilove

Re: Uninstall Frostwire

Postby Nathann » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:15 pm

What Frostwire version are you using?

• Click Start > All Programs > Accessories
  • Click Run
  • If you are using FrostWire 5, type this in the run dialogue:
    Code: Select all
    %programfiles%\Frostwire 5\Uninstall.exe
  • If you are using Frostwire 4 it may be this:
    Code: Select all
    %programfiles\Frostwire\Uninstall.exe

Hope I helped.
Follow me on Twitter!
@w8i
Nathann

Postby ifullilove » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:24 pm

When I open the Windows Task Manager and then open "Processes", I can see Frostwire.exe. I tried what you told me, but it didn't work. I just can't see the "Frostwire" name under where all the programs are listed to uninstall...very frustrating.
ifullilove

Postby Nathann » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:28 pm

ifullilove wrote:When I open the Windows Task Manager and then open "Processes", I can see Frostwire.exe. I tried what you told me, but it didn't work. I just can't see the "Frostwire" name under where all the programs are listed to uninstall...very frustrating.

Why didn't it work?
Follow me on Twitter!
@w8i
Nathann

Postby Only A Hobo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:39 pm

The Frostwire 5 program is identified in Windows as FrostWire5

We do sometimes suggest this to completely remove all traces of Frostwire. To do this use Revo Uninstaller or a similar program since Windows uninstaller in the Control Panel fails to do the job thoroughly. Revo will locate additional related files which need to be removed.

Before doing this ensure you have a back up of the files in your save and shared folders, (if you have any from Frostwire 4) as well as your Torrent Data folder, or at least remove them to your desktop or somewhere similar, just to be on the safe side. The Torrent Data folder's location is given at Tools > Options Bit Torrent > (Basic) > Torrent Data Save Folder. The other folders are in that FrostWire folder.

That may help.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support