Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

download history

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

download history

Postby Alan1987 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 am

If you download a file, delete it, then search for the file again...

The search result has a "trash can" instead of the 4 or 5 star rating next to it.

Meaning.. The history of what you download is kept somewhere on your computer.

How can I clear this.
Alan1987

Re: download history

Postby THX1138 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:51 am

On Windows - open up a command prompt, hold the win key (the key on the left side of the keyboard between Ctrl and Alt) and press R, in the command prompt type %appdata%, press enter, find the frostwire folder, open it, find the file called downloads.dat and delete it.

On Linux - go to your home folder and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+H to show hidden files and folders, find the frostwire folder, open it and delete the downloads.dat file. Or browse the location through a terminal.

On Mac - go to your home folder > library > preferences > frostwire5 , open it and delete the downloads.dat file. Or browse the location through a terminal.
THX1138

Postby Alan1987 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:33 am

That file, on my computer, is only 1 KB, and contained no download history.
Alan1987

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 am

Please could you confirm you are using the old Frostwire 4.21.8 or earlier.

If you are, The trash can indicators are somewhat randomly created and are not connected with your download history. They show what Frostwire "thinks" are junk and become more useful as you unmark non junk items and mark junk items, and in this way Frostwire "learns" what is most likely junk. Many Junk files Gnutella files are identical except for the name which can be automatically generated to match your search term.

I am not sure why your appdata folder shows at that size. It should not. Did it contain ANYTHING?

Please see Also THIS POST will be very useful, for using Frostwire 4

I hope this helps a bit.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support