STICKY: USER GUIDE FOR FROSTWIRE 5

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
Only A Hobo

Re: STICKY: PLEASE READ -> USER GUIDE FOR FROSTWIRE 5

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 pm

@Jval1283 Sorry for the delay replying. Posting onto an already overcrowded thread is not to be advised lol

Please close Frostwire completely and Go to user > Your name > Library > Preferences > Frostwire5 Please delete the Frostwire5 folder you have reached and restart and reset up Frostwire. You can reopen all the torrents which will show in the Frostwire Library > Torrent Files.

I hope this helps . Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

nico_rieger

Postby nico_rieger » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 am

I am having issues finishing Frost 5 download. I get to the stuff about it being a free thing and then the seeding info, but the bottom half of the seeding is blank. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work. But not knowing what the issue is I have no clue what it may be. I am running Windows 7 with Java updated and the older version uninstalled. Help would be wonderful because I like Frostwire.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:32 am

resize the window and there is a next button at the bottom.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

madgoosecrazy

Postby madgoosecrazy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 pm

ahhh.. couldnt get it to download anything.. but still can search for files and chat.. but when i double click it to download - status: error, Time: infinity!!!
i am using macbook with latest 5.0.8.. any suggestion???

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:39 am

Just one note first. Make sure you are trying to download torrents do not show zero (0) in the seeds column in the search window. The more seeds the better.

If that is not relevant, please fully close Frostwire. Go to Users > Your Name > Library > Preferences > FrostWire5 and move the FrostWire5 folder to the trash. Restart and reconfigure Frostwire.

I hope this helps.

Jval1283

Postby Jval1283 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 am

Only A Hobo wrote:@Jval1283 Sorry for the delay replying. Posting onto an already overcrowded thread is not to be advised lol

Please close Frostwire completely and Go to user > Your name > Library > Preferences > Frostwire5 Please delete the Frostwire5 folder you have reached and restart and reset up Frostwire. You can reopen all the torrents which will show in the Frostwire Library > Torrent Files.

I hope this helps . Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't know where else to post. Sorry.

But I tried what you suggested, & still the same thing. I liked the older version a lot better...just saying

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:25 pm

@Jval1283

Frostwire 4.21.8 is available HERE

You may need Replacement of the gnutella.net file to connect.

Also THIS POST will be very useful.

I would like to know why you are not getting any results with version 5 .. If you want to pursue this please start a new thread/topic in Software Support and give us your system details etc, as asked for in the Forum Rules

ATMcGlown

Postby ATMcGlown » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:39 am

:( i downloaded the latest frostwire BUT for somereason it won't fully install so i can use it.

normalize

Postby normalize » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 pm

why would you do this its so stupid, its impossible to download music with these stupid popups why cant you just go back to the nice limewire style you had before, idiots

aaron281

Postby aaron281 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:35 am

On the new frostwire, How do you guys preview the MP3's being downloaded? Coz I want to preview the song's quality, sound, etc. And also, I want to see if the file is corrupted or not.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:58 pm

The bad news is that previewing files in Frostwire 5 is not possible, due to the way Torrents work.

The good news is that Torrent sharers are, almost always, a lot more fussy abut the quality of what they share, in comparison to a great many Gnutella users.

You can download and check a single file from a torrent to check before downloading the whole torrent if you wish.
Last edited by Only A Hobo on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected

SallyJ

Re: STICKY: USER GUIDE FOR FROSTWIRE 5

Postby SallyJ » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 am

How Do I Make It To Where Frostwire Does Not Open When I Start My Computer?

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 am

SallyJ wrote:How Do I Make It To Where Frostwire Does Not Open When I Start My Computer?

Tools>options>Advanced>system boot
Uncheck run on system startup.
This is an original setup parameter.

millahjovich

Postby millahjovich » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:29 am

Having problems downloading after upgrading to Frostwire5. I type in name and get 0

alexm

Postby alexm » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:01 pm

millahjovich wrote:Having problems downloading after upgrading to Frostwire5. I type in name and get 0

What OS are you using? Windows XP? Get the latest release here: www.frostwire.com

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”