Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

CANT DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

CANT DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Postby soulja72 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:50 am

I just updated to 5.0.7 and for some reason the categories are gone (audio, video, etc). It's only Torrents that i can search. Any ideas?
soulja72

Re: CANT DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Postby Aubrey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm

FrostWire 5 does away with the Gnutella network in favour of torrents (which are frequently full albums of songs rather than individual files). As more and more users transition to FrostWire 5 you should find a better selection of files from other users.
FrostWire Chat network staffer
Follow FrostWire staff on Twitter! http://twitter.com/FrostWire_Chat
Aubrey

Re: CANT DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Postby Only A Hobo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:06 am

Perhaps it should be pointed out that Torrents have been around for years and Frostwire is just another client joining a huge network, so I'm not sure it will have that much effect on what is available. Indeed it will have very little unless Frostwire users learn that to freeload off Bit Torrent is not behaviour that the bit torrent community will accept with good grace,. Frostwire does how ever have the Share a file with a friend which is a neat and VERY new idea and may be what Aubrey is referring to although to my knowledge it was tested for about two days if that before being released in the public 5.0.7 release, and so, in reality, we have no idea whatsoever how it works in the real world.

A user guide for Frostwire 5 is to be found at https://sites.google.com/site/frostwire5guide/home
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support