Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

Cursor suggestion

Up until recently, whenever you launched Frostwire, the cursor would already be in place in the search field, and you just needed to start typing the keyword(s) to search for. I always found this convenient and felt more programs should do it. In the latest update, I noticed this is no longer the case, and wondered why it had changed and whether it might be changed back to the old way.

Comments

• Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I remember having done something related to this.
    I'll get back to you, but you're right, it's a lot more convenient. Perhaps it was a temporary solution to some issue, or just a bug that got introduced. Will fix. Thank you so much for paying attention to the details.
  • @Duncan113 thought you might like to know this is coming for FrostWire 6.2.1 (it couldn't make it into last night's hot release, but I made sure it wasn't forgotten thanks to you, it's there for you if you know how to run FrostWire from sources)

commit 186e38 [desktop] Have search box focused when app opens.
    @ public void run() {
                             ErrorService.error(t);
                     }
                     if (visible) {
    -                    SearchMediator.requestSearchFocus();
    +                    //SearchMediator.requestSearchFocus();
                         // forcibly revalidate the FRAME
                         // after making it visible.
                         // on Java 1.5, it does not validate correctly.

• I always found this convenient and felt more programs should do it. In the latest update, I noticed this is no longer the case, and wondered why it had changed and whether it might be changed back to the old way.
  • If you use the latest version of FrostWire the cursor is now back in position :)

Stay alert for our next release, coming out very soon fixing YT search issues and a lot more.

Leave a Comment