Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

Shut 'er down...

How about seeing about making Frostwire shut itself off or 'pause' all/any downloads it's currently doing whenever it detects the users VPN has disconnected. Should be simple on Linux systems I'd imagine.

Comments

• ftio wrote:
    How about seeing about making Frostwire shut itself off or 'pause' all/any downloads it's currently doing whenever it detects the users VPN has disconnected. Should be simple on Linux systems I'd imagine.
    There are VPNs with kill switches - privatenternetaccess is one and there are programs that will monitor and terminate sensitive tasks if the VPN drops.

Check out http://catfangz.com/frostwire/Bsec.html for some more information.

It's very simple on windows systems. You don't have to get radical.
  • ftio wrote:

There are VPN's that do just that (see Scottx message). PIA even let's you do it by application - e.g. Frostwire.

Personally, for security purposes, I'm not so sure that I'd even WANT Frostwire to know about my VPN.

Leave a Comment