http://dl.frostwire.com/android/fresh/f ... .6.rc2.apk
A million thanks for the quick turn around on bug reports found on the RC1 installer.
We got to fix a lot more (bugfixes on the bittorrent core will come for 1.0.7, those are a little harder to fix).
Here's the updated changelog:
FrostWire 1.0.6 - APR/08/2013
- Faster search results. Search architecture revised and improved.
- Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes millions
of public domain and creative commons works from all over the
- Reduces CPU and battery consumption up to 84%.
- FrostWire won't disable screen locking during audio playback.
It's now up to the user to set longer auto-locking timeouts if
they want to use FrostWire as an audio player in their vehicles.
- UI fix, media player screen is correctly updated if a song starts
while the screen was locked.
- Updated icons and graphics.
- Improved mime type detection.
- Supports WebM video search results.
- Updated UPnP cling libraries for better Wi-Fi sharing discovery.
- Multiple crashes and freezes fixed.
- Opens .torrent files from urls and from any file browser.
- Faster hashing and checking of ongoing and finished torrent downloads.
- Fixes a crash when sharing files from third party apps like FileKicker
which pass filepath uris instead of android provider uris.
- Fixes double audio playback issue with third party media playing apps.
- Fixes bug where the app would force close and restart on phones without SD cards.
- Fixes bug on Android 4.x where finished document downloads wouldn't appear under
- Avoids crash caused by AdMobSDK and WebView's cache being null.
- Fixes bug where sharing files from a third party app would open FrostWire
in a way that hitting the back button would take the user to the desktop and
not back into the third party app.
- Replaced navigation menu for a better one that presents itself with a smooth
brief zoom-in animation.
- Navigation menu and transfer screen looks properly on Motorola Razor
- More efficient use of Bitmaps should cut down on the number of Out of Memory errors on most devices.