Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Make sure to check out our Community Guidelines
http://www.frostwire.com/guidelines

Please be a good neighbor, treat others with respect and patience.
Make friends!

-FrostWire Team

Please help!!!

I download movies on my android phone and screen shot them to my smart tv to watch them. I've gotten a 3rd notice from my cable company saying that I am copy writing and must stop. It sat they were getting a notification from frost wire that I was copy righting with my IP. I noticed on your site that it stated when I down load frost wire I must check the 2 boxes. I can't remember if I did or not. Today I uninstalled frost wire then reinstalled it and checked the 2 boxes. In doing so I want to know if that will stop the notices from my cable company, or do I have to go into settings some where and do something? I thought this was legal I don't want to loose my internet if it's not.

Comments

• Hi and thanks for your message,

Sorry to hear about that notice but is important to understand that FrostWire does not host nor control the content you see in your search results. FrostWire is a software that helps you search for files from many online sources. Using FrostWire is legal, but you need to respect your local copyright laws when you are using it and not download copyrighted content, which is why you've been receiving the notification.

This video might help understand it:

When you download and install FrostWire you must agree that you will not use it for the purpose of copyright infringement otherwise you won't be able to install and use the software. FrostWire condemns copyright infringement.
    http://www.frostwire.com/legal

If you want to know about legal content you can download and distribute legally please visit FrostClick.com, Vodo.net, LegitTorrents.info or CreativeCommons.org - these, among other sites, offer you files available for download for free, legally and you are even encouraged to share them with others - no matter where you live. You can find those and other files inside FrostWire as well.

Also we suggest you to check what the law says in your area, for example downloading copyrighted material for personal use in some places like Switzerland is legal but in other countries/areas the law is different.

Leave a Comment