Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

zero search results

For the past couple months every time I try to search for something it comes back with zero results, even really popular things that should come back with a ton. I have a Mac OS X 10.6.8, I tried changing the preferences from random port to manual port a few times and nothing changed. Sometimes it says there is a firewall and sometimes it doesn't, is this why it stopped working? Does anyone know how to fix this? Everything is checked under search tools too

Comments

• Please try our latest release: www.frostwire.com
  • I have the same problem on Linux Mint. Frostwire finds nothing when running a search. Version is 5.7.2 (build 1). I tried to install 6.6.1, but the installation failed, giving the following message:

(Reading database ... 168985 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../frostwire-6.6.1.all.deb ...
    Unpacking frostwire (6.6.1) over (5.7.2) ...
    Setting up frostwire (6.6.1) ...
    Unpacking libraries...
    Unpacking frostwire.pack
    Corrupted pack file: magic/ver = CAFED00D/171.0 should be CAFED00D/150.7 OR CAFED00D/160.1

dpkg: error processing package frostwire (--install):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255
    Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.13-1) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.6.7.1-1ubuntu1) ...
    Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu1.1) ...
    Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.10.1-0ubuntu2) ...
    Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1.1) ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    frostwire

• Hi,

Sorry but we can only offer you support for old versions of FrostWire and your device runs iOS 10.6.8 which is not supported for FrostWire 6.6.1.

Several sources has been updated because they changed their code, some torrent websites were shut down (ExtraTorrent, BitSnoop etc), we included again BTJunkie and a new source Zooqle and the connection with java libraries has changed significantly in few years... these few could be part of the main reasons why you cannot find/download files lately.

We highly recommend you to update your Operative System at least to Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later (64-bit) so you can install FrostWire 6.6.1

If is not possible you always have options If you know the file you are trying to download is placed on a specific source, remember you can copy and paste the Magnet (if is a Torrent file) and paste it on the Search box to get only that particular content and try to download the file.

Regards.

Leave a Comment