Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

6.4.2 installer crashes in Vista

Hi there. I had FrostWire 6.4.0 installed, got the prompt to upgrade to 6.4.2, ignored it, but then discovered I wasn't getting any search results in 6.4.0, so I bit the bullet and accepted the prompt to install the new version.

The installer launches, I get the first screen of the wizard to select my language and click "next", and as soon as I click next, it crashes. I even completely uninstalled 6.4.0 and then re-downloaded the installer fresh, exact same issue. I'm running Windows Vista (I know, I know). Anyone else run into this and have a solution? Thanks.

Comments

• Same here on Vista, am successfully running 6.3.6. Have had occasional problems with memory leaks and installation crashes and so am conservative on upgrades.
  • 6.4.3 installer does the same thing. FrostWire team, any suggestions???
  • Hello and what versions of vista you are running when the installer crashes and can you copy and paste the crash logs here.

Thanks.
  • Efrain wrote:
    Hello and what versions of vista you are running when the installer crashes and can you copy and paste the crash logs here.

I'm running 32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2.

If you can tell me where I can find the crash log, I will be happy to upload it and post it here.

I just tried installing the latest version of Frostwire (6.4.5) and the exact same issue still exists.

Leave a Comment