Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

What is wrong with FrostWire ???

Had to uninstall all the latest versions. Can't search and can't pause or explore the folders it (FW) just freezes.
I don't know if it has anything to do with that YouTube problem you report but I am not going to keep trying to make it work and sadly, start looking for another option to this so far very useful app. Hope you can fix whatever is messing with either the UserGraphicsInterface or whatever the name it is a real nuisance. :evil:

Comments

• Had to uninstall all the latest versions. Can't search and can't pause or explore the folders it (FW) just freezes.
    I don't know if it has anything to do with that YouTube problem you report but I am not going to keep trying to make it work and sadly, start looking for another option to this so far very useful app. Hope you can fix whatever is messing with either the UserGraphicsInterface or whatever the name it is a real nuisance. :evil:
    Version six of FrostWire has been plagued by many problems on various machines and operating systems. If is works, it works, and if it doesn't, there seems to be no pattern, and about the only thing you can do is drop back to the last version that worked for you and wait for the next release. When it comes out, give it a shot. It may have solved the problem.
    Check out this link for drop back instructions.
    http://catfangz.com/frostwire/dropback.html
    Personally, I'm still using version 5.7.7 with great results.

It is possible that, due to some hardware or software item on your system, it will never work on your machine.

Go to my help pages and read about dropping back to version five. Sadly, there is no simple solution. I use 5.7.7 and have no problems with it.
  • Many thanks Scott for the prompt response --as usual-- :D
    When I sent my previous note I had already tried installing 5.7.7 , remembering your previous suggestion when I posted about another problem I was having with FrostWire which was solved after installing 5.7.7
    But this time it didn't work, it seems though that my PC is acting up (probably old age, as its owner :( ) I removed two devices using USB connections and the system "unfroze" also I had reinstalled good ol' 5.7.7 once more and it is working OK.
    I am very happy that I can continue using FrostWire. Sorry for taking up your time with my problem.
    Martha - :D
  • Taking up our time with your problems is why this forum exist! :D

I'm pleased that you found a resolution to your problem. Devices and drivers, even combinations of devices and drivers can do strange things to a computer. Very often they do not play "nice" together.

Good luck.
  • Thanks for the post about 5.7.7, I've been having no end of problems with recent updates of FW. At first it was the "downloads stop at 99%" problem. That then became the "downloads stop after a few minutes" problem. These were always when there were still plenty of seeds. While 5.7.7 does seem to keep going, I am having the "no search results" problem now. Not with everything, just most things, but at least I can find a magnet link on the web and open that in FW.
  • Adrena1in wrote:
    Thanks for the post about 5.7.7, I've been having no end of problems with recent updates of FW. At first it was the "downloads stop at 99%" problem. That then became the "downloads stop after a few minutes" problem. These were always when there were still plenty of seeds. While 5.7.7 does seem to keep going, I am having the "no search results" problem now. Not with everything, just most things, but at least I can find a magnet link on the web and open that in FW.
    The second post in this thread answered your question. There's not much more to say.

Leave a Comment