Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

unit of measure used in download limit

I'm using Frostwire Basic for Android from Google Play.
The download limit ranges from 0-102400.
I'm wondering if what is the unit of measure used.
Is it in KB/s, kb/s, or KiB/s?
And is bitrate limiting working?

Comments

• The unit of measure is Kilo Bytes / sec.

Bitrate limiting has been working on the version, 5.7.7, that I'm using.

I am on Win7, so I can't really speak for Android.
  • On the Google Play's description, Frostwire doesn't have limitations on download speeds
  • marionjeff wrote:
    On the Google Play's description, Frostwire doesn't have limitations on download speeds
    Your point is? There are no limitations - UNLESS the user determines the set some. I usually limit upload speed so to preserve most of my bandwidth to downloading and allow other communications to occur.

For a well seeded torrent, FW will max out my bandwidth very quickly. Without setting some limits, it's difficult to do anything else online, and sometimes I choose to do so. I control my FW limits as I need.
  • When I set the download limit to 50, the transfer rate goes down until it became 0 b/s. But when I set it to 0 which means Unlimited then the transfer rate becomes normal.
    I don't have any choice but to set it to Unlimited.
  • marionjeff wrote:
    When I set the download limit to 50, the transfer rate goes down until it became 0 b/s. But when I set it to 0 which means Unlimited then the transfer rate becomes normal.
    I don't have any choice but to set it to Unlimited.
    Zero on windows means zero, but this is a mobile group, so I don't know. Maybe it doesn't work on mobile.

The latest android OS Lollipop is so screwed up it bricked some phones.

Leave a Comment