Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

AMMYY SCAM BEWARE

AMMYY BEWARE
BEWARE OF ANYONE calling with indian accent saying your computer is infected
ITS A SCAM
BEWARE
video and removal instructions above

Comments

• I got a phone from Microsoft saying my Pc was infected and need to be fix...
    so i pretended to be dumb and asked how can i be infected using a Mac .. hahahah
    then i said. im stalling because your call is being traced hahaha... then i hear click.... ahhaha
  • sonic_x wrote:
    I got a phone from Microsoft saying my Pc was infected and need to be fix...
    so i pretended to be dumb and asked how can i be infected using a Mac .. hahahah
    then i said. im stalling because your call is being traced hahaha... then i hear click.... ahhaha
    I got one of those too. It would be funny it they didn't manage to do so much damage.
  • Yeah got a call trwo weeks ago
    since then they call me everyday

and now they say that my mobile phone is infected and I should send it to them and pay 200 dollar
    I do not have a mobile phone :D
  • Wiifire wrote:
    Yeah got a call trwo weeks ago
    since then they call me everyday

and now they say that my mobile phone is infected and I should send it to them and pay 200 dollar
    I do not have a mobile phone :D
    Sounds like game time to me! Time is money, so keep them on the phone as long as possible - never revealing anything that is true, of course! Oh, they an be so much fun!
  • and now they say that my mobile phone is infected and I should send it to them and pay 200 dollar
    why not 20 000& :D :D
  • edited January 2016
    thanks for the warning
  • Just a Reminder people .

When a person claiming to be from microsoft about your computer needs fixing. Just Hang up.
    They are just trying to get your personal info or trying to access your PC.
    They tend to attack people who don't know better or elderly people.
    Don't talk to them they are a waste time!

Take Care and Be safe out there! :D
  • sonic_x wrote:
    Just a Reminder people .

When a person claiming to be from microsoft about your computer needs fixing. Just Hang up.
    They are just trying to get your personal info or trying to access your PC.
    They tend to attack people who don't know better or elderly people.
    Don't talk to them they are a waste time!

Take Care and Be safe out there! :D

Haha! I recently got a call like this and me and a friend decided it would be a good idea to play over the top jazz music in the background while I sang my details (FAKE obv) to the guy on the other end of the phone.

I really don't get how people can go with such a direct approach, but I guess they are mostly calling from countries whose origin make it hard for any local law enforcement to have any effect on them.
  • It's that time of year !
    Phone scammers are out
    Winning free trips . Bank accounts hacked and computer security issues

All scams trying to get your credit card and personal info . Just hang up .
    If you aren't sure its legit call . Go to your local bank and ask them .

Computer infected - do it yourself scan your pc
    Microsoft does not call you if your computer is infected.

Free trip- it's not actually free . You need to pay admin fees which will cost you .! Scam

So be safe in the holiday season

Cheers
    Sonic_X
  • Better to play them around on the call and get them nothing.
  • Thanks for sharing!

Haha so now we know that it's a scam I really want them to call me so that I can play with them :D

It'd be fun!
  • Horrow1 wrote:
    Thanks for sharing!

Haha so now we know that it's a scam I really want them to call me so that I can play with them :D

It'd be fun!

It is definitely always fun to play with them, and they are always in such a hurry to hang up.
  • I usually hangup because my PC is too ordinary for Microsoft to call. :roll:
  • graceinc wrote:
    Horrow1 wrote:
    Thanks for sharing!

It'd be fun!

It is definitely always fun to play with them, and they are always in such a hurry to hang up.

Haha, this is true, the hang-up story!
  • And one thing to notice what i have experienced they are always in a hurry.
  • A friend got a call from Envio Mirco and they said, the ram in your computer that you're using it causing malfunction in data travelling. We want to fix it. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Oh so kind of them, they are spying on your pc and they want to fix it for you voluntarily. WOW. Good people still exist.
  • graceinc wrote:
    Oh so kind of them, they are spying on your pc and they want to fix it for you voluntarily. WOW. Good people still exist.

haha, no! they made dumb excuse to get in the pc! Those people are dumb. Can't even make proper excuse. :lol:
  • Haven't heard any update about them recently. I wonder if they are functional or not. Dumb scammers!

Leave a Comment