Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

how to download mp3 files only

edited March 2016 in Open Discussion
Is there a way to limit the results to mp3 files only?
Every time I do a search, it turns up with mainly or only m4a files (video/Youtube) which I have no interest in.
I don't use iTunes - I only need 'oldfashioned' mp3 files I can use/play on my computer and mp3 player (NOT iPod).
Any suggestions on how to do that? I tried adding mp3 to the search title, but it still comes up with m4a and other file types.

Comments

• mwehen wrote:
    Is there a way to limit the results to mp3 files only?
    Every time I do a search, it turns up with mainly or only m4a files (video/Youtube) which I have no interest in.
    I don't use iTunes - I only need 'oldfashioned' mp3 files I can use/play on my computer and mp3 player (NOT iPod).
    Any suggestions on how to do that? I tried adding mp3 to the search title, but it still comes up with m4a and other file types.
    When you search, you are searching for torrents, which can contain multiple and varying formats within the same torrent, so searching for a specific file type really isn't possible.

You CAN search for an item, such as an album, that you want, right button a found item and select torrent details to get more information OR do a download partial files, selecting only the items you want.

There are many free, format converters that convert from one format to another. Both winamp and vlc will play almost any format you can download. I use winamp for audio and VLC for video, though both will do either. I just prefer the controls of each for the purpose I stated.

You can also uncheck youtube from the refine results list. I have. I simply don't use it for my searches.

You have a lot of options. For best music fidelity, flac is the obvious choice, but many mp3 players will not play flac format, so I do convert them to mp3, vbr for my player. I still use the flac format for computer play, though.

Don't let format stop you. You computer, with the proper software, can play anything, and you can convert most formats to mp3, vbr for an mp3 player.

Check my help pages for search strategies.
  • Both winamp and vlc will play almost any format you can download. I use winamp for audio and VLC for video, though both will do either.????
  • I use mostly MPC media Player . recently VLC has lots of bugs in it .

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows

download site is here --->https://mpc-hc.org/

lightweight --customizable - can open multiply windows of it - free

Cons- restricted to Windows only

Picture taken from Mpc website as a reference

Leave a Comment