Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Expect a bit of breakage the following days as we adjust to this new platform.

We thank you for your patience.
-FrostWire Team

Error: setLength fails, no space left on device

I am getting this error message on 99% of my download attempts. deleted most files from my mac as I thought this was the issue but this has not fixed it. I have been a regular visitor of this site for 6 mths or so, and have never had any problems until now.

Comments

• seth76 wrote:
    I am getting this error message on 99% of my download attempts. deleted most files from my mac as I thought this was the issue but this has not fixed it. I have been a regular visitor of this site for 6 mths or so, and have never had any problems until now.
    When you download a torrent, FrostWire tries to allocate space for the entire torrent, even if you are only doing a partial download. Could you be doing partial downloads on torrents that exceed the free space on your disk. If you have less than 10 gig free, be very suspicious!

You say 99%.. Does that mean 1% actually work? If so, I really would suspect a space or write permission issue.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have been able to download just one torrent since this started happening. Am I right in thinking that the disk space you are referring to is the hard drive on my laptop? If so... this is not the problem as I initially suspected this was the case and have deleted almost everything from my mac (deleted them from trash also) and this has not fixed it. How do I fix it if it is a write permission issue?
  • seth76 wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have been able to download just one torrent since this started happening. Am I right in thinking that the disk space you are referring to is the hard drive on my laptop? If so... this is not the problem as I initially suspected this was the case and have deleted almost everything from my mac (deleted them from trash also) and this has not fixed it. How do I fix it if it is a write permission issue?
    The disk space requirement will be on the drive used by the download folder. How much free space is there. Less than 10gig and you will probably have problems. As for write permissions, I know nothing about the Mac. You may have corrupted data that is misreporting disk space or any number of issues, but I'm am not a Mac person.

Check your free space on the download drive, for starters. Don't guess. Know!
  • Well... deleted everything in my downloads folders also & this did not fix it. In fact the issue seems to have escalated. Nothing downloads now. Not a single torrent regardless of how big or small. Am I the only one having this problem?
  • seth76 wrote:
    Well... deleted everything in my downloads folders also & this did not fix it. In fact the issue seems to have escalated. Nothing downloads now. Not a single torrent regardless of how big or small. Am I the only one having this problem?
    How much free space is indicated on your drive. I think I asked that before. Not how big it is. How much free space is there?

Leave a Comment