Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Make sure to check out our Community Guidelines
http://www.frostwire.com/guidelines

Please be a good neighbor, treat others with respect and patience.
Make friends!

-FrostWire Team

disk write error on kindle fire hd

I've tried downloading a few movies via the torrent and video sections... every time the download errors errors out with a disk write error... there is 10gb free on the kindle fire and I am downloading files between 700mb and 1.5gb

Any ideas what's going on?
Everything works fine on my galaxy s3

Comments

• I've tried downloading a few movies via the torrent and video sections... every time the download errors errors out with a disk write error... there is 10gb free on the kindle fire and I am downloading files between 700mb and 1.5gb

Any ideas what's going on?
    Everything works fine on my galaxy s3
    Torrents require enough space to download the entire torrent, even if you are doing a partial download. However, 10GB free is usually enough for most torrents.

Some devices have internal and external (card) memory. Are your downloads allocated to external memory? I've never even SEEN a Kindle fire, so I'm shooting in the dark. Can you get any guidance from the manufacturer?

As you work through this, DO post back so others may benefit from your experience.
  • It's just internal memory..
    That was the first thing I though was maybe not enough space,
    Which is why I checked that first.
    Definitely strange...

I'll post if I figure it out, in the mean time hopefully someone knows what might be the issue

Thanks for the reply
  • we're trying to nail the cause for these disk errors. If possible for now, try completely shutting down FrostWire on the Kindle.

I think you can do that by pulling down the notification pane > More > Applications, then try to look for FrostWire and force it to stop.

Start again, and try your download to see if the error continues.

Leave a Comment