Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin
Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.

Make sure to check out our Community Guidelines
http://www.frostwire.com/guidelines

Please be a good neighbor, treat others with respect and patience.
Make friends!

-FrostWire Team

5.1.4 - Empty Library

I have Torrents that I d/l'd - they do appear in Torrent Data & Torrent folder. I have self-made Torrents that appear only in Torrents folder (have yet to figure out why). None of them appear in the Library tab (5.1.4). Why, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• This is something I have yet to investigate, but I believe that you need to have the files or copies of them in the Torrent Data folder. I would rather this was not the case, but currently it would appear it is.

If you are placing the files in the Torrents folder that is certainly something you should not do. Only the .torrent files should be in there.
  • This is something I have yet to investigate, but I believe that you need to have the files or copies of them in the Torrent Data folder. I would rather this was not the case, but currently it would appear it is.

If you are placing the files in the Torrents folder that is certainly something you should not do. Only the .torrent files should be in there.

But. but...... When I created the torrents it put an entry in the Torrents folder and didn't put the files in the Torrent Data. They are .torrents the actual files contained in the .torrent are on another drive. When I d/d'd them in the Torrent Data folder but not Torrents folder. In all cases they are seeding.

Neirther variety is shown in the Library tab.
  • Ah .. ok that makes sense. So .. the files are seeding but not showing in the Library, which would seem to indicate that only files in the Torrent data folder will show in the Library, (whether they are seeding or not. I shall remind the builders of the new Library (coming soon) of this.
  • Ah .. ok that makes sense. So .. the files are seeding but not showing in the Library, which would seem to indicate that only files in the Torrent data folder will show in the Library, (whether they are seeding or not. I shall remind the builders of the new Library (coming soon) of this.

Ahhh that it were so smiple. I point out again that torrents that I d/l'd (not made by me) appear in the Torrent Data folder but do not appear in the Library tab OR Torrent folder. I continue scritching my whatevers.
  • Are you using the refresh button to refresh the library before checking if new downloads are appearing there?

Are you using the default Torrent Data folder location?

When you say "but do not appear in the Library tab OR Torrent folder" Does the 'Torrent folder' refer to the "Torrent Files" section of the Frostwire library, or the Frostwire > Torrents save folder itself, and are these items shown as seeding?
  • Are you using the refresh button to refresh the library before checking if new downloads are appearing there?

Are you using the default Torrent Data folder location?

When you say "but do not appear in the Library tab OR Torrent folder" Does the 'Torrent folder' refer to the "Torrent Files" section of the Frostwire library, or the Frostwire > Torrents save folder itself, and are these items shown as seeding?

Yes, to all of the questions.
  • How could you answer yes to the last question ? lol

I did seem to create this situation just onece and I have just deleted the evidence. It was a partial download and I then added to it and the first part disappeared from the library .. I was getting into a mess since there were many incomplete versions of the file i wanted kicking around. and I downloaded 5 versions before I found a good one. But the point is that I think the file was still there until I deleted it long with the rest of the partial download. I think if I had removed the torrent file and re-downloaded it and chosen the entire partial download it would have picked the missing file up .. but ..it should have shown in the library if it was complete. I can only imagine it was in fact incomplete … possibly damaged when I cancelled one particular torrent. sorry to be so vague, but it did have me confused. If you are dealing with partials this could be a reason. also note that if you make additional partials from the same torrent, previous parts can vanish temporarily from the library until the new partial is complete.

And if that makes sense ..I shall be delighted :D
  • How could you answer yes to the last question ? lol
    And if that makes sense ..I shall be delighted :D

OI! Upon re-reading that last question it appears that Hobo got tangled up with that famous saying "wrapped around the axle". So, too, his continuing answers on this. :D OK, I vaguely remember fiddling around with partials, although I do I know that I wouldn't attempt multiple partials from same torrent. I think it best to just chalk this one off to 'gas' and let it go.

Thx (I think :) )

Leave a Comment