It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
frostwire (6.3.0) stable; urgency=high
* Greatly improved seeding connectivity. Seed and share magnets!
* New transfers tab, allows you to filter transfers by state and keywords.
* Finished cloud transfers are seedeable.
* If seeding setting is active, finished cloud transfers are seeded.
* Improved 'Search for Keywords' suggestions for episodic queries.
* New jlibtorrent 18.104.22.168
* Spanish, Portuguese translations updated.
* Fixes Torlock search.
* EZTV no longer returns irrelevant results.
* New Search Engine: TorrentDownloads.me
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 02 Jun 2016 11:42:00 -0500
frostwire (6.2.4) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes Monova search.
* Fixes EZTV search.
* Fixes YouTube search.
* Fixes bug opening certain YT preview URLs.
* New jlibtorrent 22.214.171.124 with SSL security updates and libtorrent 1.1 release.
* jlibtorrent: multithreaded disk i/o and hashing.
* jlibtorrent: more efficient alert allocation.
* jlibtorrent: experimental support for mutable torrents (BEP 38).
* jlibtorrent: 5x faster torrent bcoder/bdecoder.
* jlibtorrent: improved shutdown.
* jlibtorrent: SSL over uTP supported.
* jlibtorrent: countless scalability updates, seed tens of thousands of torrents,
if not hundreds of thousands of torrents in a single jlibtorrent instance.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, Apr 15 2016 16:20:00 -0500
frostwire (6.2.3) stable; urgency=high
* New share action in Library. Create, seed and share DHT-based torrent
in a single click.
* New jlibtorrent 126.96.36.199.
* Fix preparing YT m4a's author field.
* jlibtorrent: fix issue in checking outgoing interfaces
* jlibtorrent: optimize enumeration of network interfaces on windows
* jlibtorrent: improve reliability of binding listen sockets
* jlibtorrent: support SNI in https web seeds and trackers
* jlibtorrent: fix unhandled exception in DHT when receiving a DHT packet over IPv6
* Dropped rxjava library. KISS.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 31 Mar 2016 12:06:20 -0500
frostwire (6.2.2) stable; urgency=high
* YT search fixes.
* New jlibtorrent 188.8.131.52.
* Player playback loop modes working as expected again.
* Portuguese translation update. Thanks Alejandro.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 12 Feb 2016 07:56:40 -0500
frostwire (6.2.1) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes issue where a corrupted .torrent inside the libtorrent folder
would make FrostWire crash on startup.
* Fixes issue where partial downloads from search results would download.
the rest of the .torrent files.
* Fixes bug on search results display where action cell would dissapear
when clicking on the play preview button.
* New jlibtorrent 184.108.40.206.
* New playlists now sort songs by track number if track number available.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:12:48 -0500
frostwire (6.2.0) stable; urgency=high
* New jlibtorrent 220.127.116.11.
* Updated okhttp to 2.7.1.
* TPB fixed.
* YT fixed.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Tue, 05 Jan 2016 20:40:10 -0500
frostwire (6.1.9) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes Youtube search issues.
* New jlibtorrent 18.104.22.168
* Shared maglnk url shortening not done with Bit.ly anymore.
* Library now remembers your last media type selection for the next session.
* Fixes event handling bug on "Create New Playlist" dialog for MacOSX.
* New FrostWireInputDialog.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:52:50 -0500
frostwire (6.1.8) stable; urgency=high
* New status/control transfer buttons to Seed and Share transfers.
* New 'Close All Tabs' action for search result tabs.
* Youtube search updates.
* Fixes issues with playlists in Library.
* Minor user interface adjustments on Library tab.
* jlibtorrent library updates.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Sun, 06 Dec 2015 20:42:27 -0500
frostwire (6.1.7) stable; urgency=high
* Youtube audio search fixed.
* New 'Close Tab' action for search result tabs.
* New 'Close Other Tabs' action for search result tabs.
* New 'Close Tabs to the Right' action for search result tabs.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 11 Nov 2015 05:24:15 -0500
frostwire (6.1.6) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes drag and drop freezes introduced by new Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_60.
* Fixes SoundCloud search.
* Fixes TPB search.
* Fixes BTJunkie search.
* Fixes TorLock search.
* Updates to Spanish and Romanian translations.
* Chat button on header moved to Tools menu. More space for search bar.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:04:00 -0500
frostwire (6.1.5) stable; urgency=high
* New http engine based on okhttp, uses pooled connections, less threads,
less memory. Faster and more reliable search & cloud downloads.
* libtorrent/jlibtorrent core update (v 22.214.171.124).
* Fixes KAT search.
* Fixes Bitsnoop search.
* Fixes EZTV search.
* Removes Radio functionality from Library.
* When the search options are opened, the keyword textfield is autofocused.
* Java Runtime upgrade to v1.8.0_60.
* Codebase cleanup and refactors.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 25 Sep 2015 11:04:00 -0500
frostwire (6.1.4) stable; urgency=high
* libtorrent/jlibtorrent core update (v 126.96.36.199).
* Torrent settings issues fixed.
* Fixes TorLock search.
* Considerably faster search source processing (new regex engine).
* Fixes YouTube search.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Aug, 14 Jul 2015 16:15:00 -0500
frostwire (6.1.3) stable; urgency=high
* libtorrent/jlibtorrent core update.
* Archive.org downloads are pausable/resumable.
* Soundcloud search & download API update.
* Hungarian translation update.
* Simplified seeding settings. No more need to treat handpicked/partial
downloads differently with jlibtorrent updates.
* Fixes crash when setting default save folder to the root
of a drive.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:04:32 -0500
frostwire (6.1.2) stable; urgency=high
* Search performance improvements. New RxJava-based implementation.
* Search box suggestions improved.
* New Check/uncheck all search engines checkbox.
* TorLock search fixed.
* Added SSL (https) support for torrent web seeds.
* Options window remembers last pane opened.
* Fixes painting issues when searching Starred audio files on the library.
* frostwire-jlibtorrent library updates.
* Library user experience bug fixes.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:44:00 -0500
frostwire (6.1.1) stable; urgency=high
* TPB search fixed.
* KAT search fixed.
* Monova search fixed.
* Bitsnoop downloads fixed.
* BTJunkie downloads fixed.
* EZTV search engine removed after scammers took over.
* YouTube search fixes for non-english users.
* Russian translation update.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 12 May 2015 15:20:28 -0500
frostwire (6.1.0) stable; urgency=high
* YouTube search fixes.
* Domain alias manager removed.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 7 May 2015 14:31:08 -0500
frostwire (6.0.9) stable; urgency=high
* Jlibtorrent updates.
* Crash fixes.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 5 May 2015 10:30:00 -0500
frostwire (6.0.8) stable; urgency=high
* Significant improvements in search result availability.
* Faster Bitsnoop, Extratorrent and KAT individual file search results.
* Reduced use of DHT network for search.
* Faster torrent download start time.
* Fixes download error on some Archive.org search results.
* Fixes Yify search.
* Misc fixes in Library functionality.
* Crash fixes.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 24 April 2015 04:44:00 -0500
frostwire (6.0.7) stable; urgency=high
* New feature: Preview while you download.
* Memory and CPU savings when parsing search results on some search engines.
* BTJunkie fixed.
* TPB search fixed.
* KAT search fixed.
* Monova search fixed.
* Fixes bug where soundcloud, archive.org audio downloads would not automatically
be scanned by iTunes.
* Croatian translation updates.
* Torrent creation and parsing now done using frostwire-jlibtorrent api. More
* Fixes run on startup issue on Windows. Thanks to @win32re.
* Upgraded java virtual machine to 1.8.0_40 with hundreds of fixes and upgrades.
* Upgraded H2 database engine.
* Upgraded frostwire-jlibtorrent to the latest code from libtorrent.
* UX-improvement: A repeated search will honor active search engines.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 08 April 2015 22:24:00 -0500
frostwire (6.0.6) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes bug where default save location for torrents would not be accounted for.
* New: When changing default save location, any ongoing torrent transfers are
moved to the new location.
* Romanian and Finnish translation updates.
* New: Option to turn off Bittorrent DHT.
* YT search upgrades.
* New: Supports shortened y2u.be url searches.
* OSX: When shutting down to start the installer for an update
now the window is focused to make sure the user doesn't get lost during the
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 17 February 2015 14:44:30 -0500
frostwire (6.0.5) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes out of memory crash and freeze when importing lots of songs from the FrostWire
library to iTunes.
* Removed Litecoin and Dogecoin from torrent creation dialog, Bitcoin and payment
urls only. Litecoin and Dogecoin are pretty much dead compared to Bitcoin.
* Remove Download and Data now enabled for http downloads too.
* Fixes possible errors for SoundCloud downloads.
* Updates on Hungarian and Romanian translations.
* Fixes YT search issues.
* New mplayer binaries with HTTPS support.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 28 January 2015 14:18:12 -0500
frostwire (6.0.4) stable; urgency=high
* Implements torrent loading algorithm to avoid CPU overuse when checking
* When transfers are finished they no longer show as 'Paused',
they show as 'Finished'.
* Fixes issues with incomplete files.
* Fixes issues importing too many songs to iTunes playlist.
* Fixes issue on which adding a whole torrent after starting a partial
download would not merge the two and continue to download the rest
of the torrent.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 16 January 2015 14:31:06 -0500
frostwire (6.0.3) stable; urgency=high
* Solves issue getting correct single file location from transfer manager.
* Improved MD5 verification. Thanks @abderraouf-adjal
* Important UI transfer related actions restored for Linux users.
* Updated frostwire-jlibtorrent libraries,
now built with older Boost 1.55, fixes Windows UI Freeze issue.
* CPU usage reduced managing transfer items.
* Croatian, Bulgarian, Polish, translation updates.
* More cleanups and refactors.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 3 December 2014 16:53:57 -0500
frostwire (6.0.2) stable; urgency=high
* Maximum concurrent torrent download settings defaults raised to 10.
* KAT search fix.
* Prevents possible out of memory error.
* Croatian translation update.
* Minor refactors
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 19 November 2014 16:26:00 -0500
frostwire (6.0.1) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes YouTube download Error.
* Updated splash screen.
* Misc. bugs.
* Croatian translation updates. Thanks @win32re, @darthxjanus.
* Polish translation updates. Thanks @nalesnikld, @paulinka.
* Spanish translation updates.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 17 November 2014 14:16:00 -0500
frostwire (6.0.0) stable; urgency=high
* New BitTorrent engine based on frostwire-jlibtorrent,
a libtorrent wrapper api created by FrostWire.
* Fixes EzTV search, now with https support.
* Multiple bug fixes.
* Improved OS event handling in MacOSX.
* Extensive cleanup.
* Fixes issues opening .torrents and magnets outside of FrostWire.
* Icons refreshed.
* Russian translation updates. Thanks @X-NicON.
* Croatian translation updates. Thanks @win32re, @darthxjanus.
* Polish translation updates. Thanks @nalesnikld, @paulinka.
* Simplified Chinese translation updates. Thanks @eudaemon01.
* German translation updates. Thanks @paulinka.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 10 November 2014 18:18:00 -0500
frostwire (5.7.7) stable; urgency=high
* New: VPN connection status indicator.
* New: Stop media playback by long pressing play/pause button.
* Fix: Freeze when opening FrostWire from the first time out of
clicking on a magnet link or .torrent file.
* Fix: Bug where files couldn't be played with the main player button.
* Fix: Bug where the speaker icon on the library would still show
after the media player had stopped.
* Fix: Bug after 5.7.5 in which the buttons of the Create Torrent
dialog were not visible unless the window was resized.
* Fixes issue on Linux when player window pixel translucency could
not be set. Thanks @foutrelis.
* Fixes Null Pointer Exception when trying to shutdown and hide
an MPlayerWindow that may have not been instantiated.
* Fixes issue where user could not create new playlist by dropping
songs from existing playlist into 'New Playlist' list item in
* Updated MigLayout source code to version 4.0
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 01 October 2014 17:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.7.6) stable; urgency=high
* New: Filter search results by file extension, source name.
* UI: Now table rows have a subtle bevel effect.
* UI: Adds support for full screen mode on Mac OSX. Thanks to Tim Farris.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 21 August 2014 23:53:35 -0500
frostwire (5.7.5) stable; urgency=high
* Improved mp4 parser.
* Improved cloud search results.
* Now FrostWire runs with Java8 technology.
* Fixes player control layout issues when resizing the main window.
* Fixes soundcloud url track/set downloads.
* Fixes possible cloud download errors.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 11 August 2014 17:46:15 -0500
frostwire (5.7.4) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes issues with youtube downloads.
* Recovered ability to download soundcloud urls.
* Can download entire soundcloud playlists from playlist url.
* Fixed broken Torrents.fm search.
* Updated Gson library, included the sources into our repo.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 26 June 2014 15:44:35 -0500
frostwire (5.7.3) stable; urgency=high
* New Yifi search.
* Added Canonical Peer Priority support. (BEP40)
* Fixed broken EZTV search.
* Removed apache httpclient and httpcore libraries.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 23 May 2014 16:20:00 -0500
frostwire (5.7.2) stable; urgency=high
* uTP support enabled.
* Multiple crash fixes.
* UX: playable single file torrents now can be played from transfer list.
* UX: Fixes UI Thread freeze when opening Options > Search.
* UX: Better error reporting when a torrent can't be fetched from a
* Spanish translation update by @dennistobar.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:22:10 -0500
frostwire (5.7.1) stable; urgency=high
* Wi-Fi sharing discovery improved considerably with JmDNS.
Removed cling library.
* Improvements in .torrent creation window:
1. Web seed url(s) (GetRight style) support.
2. Associate a Creative Commons, Open Source, or Public Domain license.
3. Associate a Bitcoin address for Name-your-price/tips support.
4. Associate a Litecoin address for Name-your-price/tips support.
5. Associate a Dogecoin address for Name-your-price/tips support.
6. Associate a Paypal url for Name-your-price/tips support.
* Transfers and Library tables now able display Tips/Payment options column.
* Transfers and Library tables now able display License column.
* Updated Torrents.fm search engine.
* Removed Clearbits search engine, service offline for ~2 months now.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:25:42 -0500
frostwire (5.7.0) stable; urgency=high
* Updated BitTorrent engine from Azureus/Vuze project.
* New Torrents.fm meta search integration.
* Brings back cloud downloads by entering url on search box or open dialog.
* Chat Tab gone. Chat button now points to http://frostwire.com/chat.
Faster startup time.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 17 Jan 2013 00:21:30 -0500
frostwire (5.6.9) stable; urgency=high
* Insanely faster cloud search results.
* Significant memory optimizations on search result parsing and display.
* Removed jDownloader libraries, less complexity, lighter app.
* Cloud audio downloads are much smaller, no audio demuxing necessary from
* Cloud video DASH download support.
* Smarter playlist name suggestion algorithm takes into account ID3 tags.
* Fixes bug where new playlists wouldn't be saved if default name was used.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:49:38 -0500
frostwire (5.6.8) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes cloud search issues.
* Considerable Spanish translation updates by @dennistobar.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:34:30 -0500
frostwire (5.6.7) stable; urgency=high
* New Advanced Feature: Edit Trackers.
* New Advanced Feature: Scrape Trackers.
* New Advanced Feature: Update Trackers.
* New BitSnoop meta search.
* New TorLock meta search.
* New EZTV meta search.
* Fixes Monova meta search.
* Removes ISOHunt meta search.
* Tips of the day updated.
* Updated Catalonian flag.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 4 Nov 2013 11:06:30 -0500
frostwire (5.6.6) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes ExtraTorrent meta search.
* Polish translation updated.
* New support for anonymous user experience statistics.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:38:32 -0500
frostwire (5.6.5) stable; urgency=high
* Upgrades Soundcloud search, download, streaming.
* Fixes issue when starting downloads made of multiple single files
that belong to the same .torrent.
* When opening finished transfers on the library with a double click
FrostWire will no longer type the name of the file on the library
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:53:53 -0500
frostwire (5.6.4) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes issues parsing some cloud urls.
* Fixes issues with soundcloud meta search.
* Spanish translation updated.
* French translation updated. Thanks @jeromemorignot.
* Portuguese translation updated. Thanks @tati110.
* Brazilian Portuguese translation updated. Thanks @tati110.
* Arabic translation updated. Thanks @nisrmasr.
* Turkish translation updated. Thanks @Serrae.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Tue, 03 Sep 2013 14:49:33 -0500
frostwire (5.6.3) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Preview audio search results from Archive.org.
* New Feature: Decide wether or not to seed handpicked files
of torrents (aka Partial Downloads).
* New Hacker Feature: Change the location of FrostWire's settings folder.
Great if you want to install FrostWire on a removable disk and
you want to maintain settings and download states.
* Fixes bug where the internet search box would be disabled after
sending file to friend.
* Updated shutdown screen lets users know about Android app when they
might be headed outside.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 04 Aug 2013 12:14:13 -0500
frostwire (5.6.2) stable; urgency=high
* Improved readability of stream sources in player title.
* Fixed bug where media source icon for internet streams wouldn't be shown
more than once on search result preview playback.
* UX Patch: New 'Search' tab acts also as a search button.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 04 Jul 2013 00:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.6.1) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: New simplified, more responsive, faster user interface.
* New Feature: Audio player can detect Facebook and Twitter urls
inside .mp3 ID3 Tags to display Facebook and Twitter icons of the
the corresponding artists.
* fwplayer.exe improved unicode and HLS (Http Live Streaming) support.
* New Feature: Change font size with Ctrl/Cmd + '+', Ctrl/Cmd + '-'.
* New Feature: Close search tabs with Ctrl/Cmd + 'w'.
* New Feature: Switch search tabs with Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab
* New Feature: Switch search tabs with Cmd+Shift+[, Cmd+Shift+]
* New Feature: Search engines can be disabled in global options.
* Improved and optimized table rendering for search results and library files.
* Refreshed presentation of search results.
* New splash screen format.
* Fixed issue related to smart search configuration.
* Fixed NPE that would cause library table rendering issues.
* Fixed NPE while searching in starred.
* Fixed popup menu in search result displayer.
* Fixed DnD between playlists (some inconsistencies with order index).
* All FrostWire libraries now come in a single FrostWire.jar file.
* Major cleanup of the FrostWire code base.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 20 Jun 2013 00:12:08 -0500
frostwire (5.5.6) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes
millions of public domain and creative commons works from all over the
* New Feature: playlist songs can be re-ordered with drag and drop.
* New Feature: all songs in a playlist can now be exported to a folder.
* Upgrade: Improved Unicode support for Chinese characters.
* Upgrade: mplayer update for unicode character file playback support.
* Upgrade: Search architecture upgrade for much faster search results.
* Upgrade: Considerably faster mp3,mp4 parsing in the library, creating
playlists is now faster than ever.
* Upgrade: New more explicit Wi-Fi sharing icons.
* Upgrade: Updated radio station database.
* Upgrade: up to 20% faster listing of files in the Library.
* Upgrade: Video player upgrades for better experience.
* Bug fix: screen-saver no longer kicks in during video playback.
* Bug fix: UPnP Wi-Fi sharing discovery consumes 84% less CPU on
congested local networks. Fixing reported slowdowns and reducing
considerable power consumption for laptop users.
* Bug fix: X11 related error fix.
* Bug fix: Number of files being shared includes the number of torrents
* Bug fix: Library search issues related to unicode characters.
* Bug fix: Multiple null pointer exceptions and crashes fixed.
* Bug fix: Fixed rendering issue related to wrong parsing of bitrate
* Upgrade: (Developers) ant compilation scripts cleanup.
* Upgrade: (Developers) use of 'frostwire-commons' repository to share
common code between FrostWire for Android and Desktop projects.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 22 Apr 2013 05:58:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.5) stable; urgency=high
* Bug fix: Null pointer exceptions in Media Player.
* Bug fix: Multiple User Interface thread violations fixed.
* Bug fix: Setup Wizard painting issues in Linux resolved.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.4) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: extract audio (.m4a) from (.mp4) videos on right click.
* New Core Feature: HTTP resumeable large transfer support.
* Upgrade: Default save folder for cloud downloads is updated without
* Upgrade: 'Repeat song' playback mode now available.
* Upgrade: Enriched promotion display, now with audio and video previews and
shortcuts to content creator's social media channels/streams.
* Upgrade: binary compatibility improved for Windows releases.
* Bug fix: if default save folder is changed it's now part of library scanned
* Bug fix: smart search engine wasn't notifying when it was done if there
were no results.
* Bug fix: several crashes and errors fixed.
* Bug fix: partial download dialog for cloud downloads would sometimes appear
* Bug fix: out of memory error by UPnP-cling creating an infinite number
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, Feb 2013 14:38:57 -0500
frostwire (5.5.3) stable; urgency=high
* Bug fix: freeze on Windows XP. (Windows release only)
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 05 Feb 2013 19:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.2) stable; urgency=high
* Upgrade: Now 'Movies' or 'My Videos' folder is included by default on new
installs since we now have a built-in video player.
* Upgrade: The Smart Search engine can now be disabled. No torrents will be
indexed and no search against the local database will be performed if
* UI fix: Video Player Window Title now shows the file name being played.
* UI fix: Library > "Finished Downloads" renamed to "Default Save Folder"
* UI fix: When browsing another device on the Wi-Fi network newest shared files
are shown at the top of the table.
* Bug fix: On first installation FrostWire wasn't able to add 'From Devices' folder
to the Library.
* Bug fix: When restoring default settings FrostWire was not restoring default
* Bug fix: Player remembers volume level from last song played.
* Bug fix: Sends correct file sizes on HTTP headers for shared files that
have changed in size after being shared.
* Bug fix: Repeat media play setting with only one item.
* Bug fix: New mime detector based on a bigger table.
* Bug fix: Video player doesn't skip frames when resuming from pause.
* Bug fix: Video player doesn't move frames when paused and volume slider
is being moved.
* Bug fix: Dropping a .torrent starts a download and doesn't ask to send to
* Bug fix: (Windows) can delete files that are being played or seeded
from the Library.
* Bug fix: (Mac) compatibility with Mac OSX 10.5.x restored.
* Bug fix: (Windows) media player can open files with long paths.
* Bug fix: prevents NPE when opening a .torrent and trying to show icons when
the file system chooser wasn't available.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.1) stable; urgency=high
* New Clear Inactive button on transfers.
* New setting to use the default system media player instead of
* New Download Cloud URLs, Torrents and Magnets by entering
urls on the search field.
* New toggle full screen video playback with double click.
* Enhancement: Library file tables now show file modified date field and
files are sorted by it in descending order so user can easily find
newest files added to the library.
* Enhancement: Playlist tables now show the track number column and
are by default sorted by it in ascending order to enjoy
albums in the order they were meant to be heard by the content
* Enhancement: mime type guessing is faster when sharing files on Wi-Fi
* Bug fix: Library was getting confused with file extensions as part of file names.
* Bug fix: sharing/unsharing popup menu behavior while sharing on Wi-Fi
* Bug fix: resizing issues on preview download dialogs.
* Bug fix: filtering on torrent detail dialog was broken.
* Bug fix: Library continuous playback working from play button.
* Bug fix: Cloud download error fixed.
* Bug fix: Media lib unicode issue.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.0) stable; urgency=high
* New FrostWire video player.
* New audio preview on cloud based audio search results.
* New video preview on cloud based video search results.
* New Wi-Fi sharing between FrostWire for Desktop and Android.
* New Wi-Fi sharing/announcement/discovery protocol via UPnP standards.
* New Stream Video/Audio stored shared on Android devices.
* UX Improvement: Add folders to library with drag and drop on
* UX Improvement: cloud audio downloads now have album art.
* Core Search Performance lowers CPU usage dramatically while indexing.
* Core Improvement: broader compatibility on cloud demuxed downloads.
* UI Improvement: partial download/torrent content window now includes
file extension, file type icon.
* UI Improvement: when opening youtube url, the file selection dialog
has type/quality hints to guide user on the options available for
* UI Improvement: audio player simplified, no stop button.
* UI Improvement: Transfer manager now has 'Clear Inactive' button.
* Bug fix: Run on startup for Mac finally works. The BitTorrent network
will get a boost of upstream bandwidth.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.4.0) stable; urgency=high
* No more sound distortion with the FrostWire player volume levels.
* Search engines update.
* UX Upgrade: Only one file type per search. Users were getting confused
with mixed file types in results.
* UX Upgrade: Forbid multiple selection on partial file selection dialog.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.3.9) stable; urgency=high
* BEP 34 compliant. FrostWire now checks DNS TXT records for tracker
* Soundcloud integration (Search, Streaming and Downloads).
* Fixes issue with partial download title window not showing the name
of the torrent correctly.
* UI Improvement: Action hints on top of search results to stream or
download or see the contents of the torrent.
* UI Improvement: Action hint on top of playable contents in the
* UI Improvement: Search result Source now includes the name of the
author if available.
* UI Improvement: Search keywords are bolded in the titles of search
* UI Improvement: Creation date for non-torrent search results available.
* UI Improvement: File size of non-torrent search results available.
* UI Improvement: Opening 'Configure Options' on the Library takes user
to the Library Settings pane.
* UI Improvement: Right clicking on the title of a search tab now
shows the only action available (Repeat Search) directly.
* UI Improvement: A FrostWire update can now be invoked from the 'Tools'
* UI Improvement: New Notification update button will be available on
the Window header to let the user know visually that there's a
FrostWire update available.
* UI Improvement: Added 'Cleanup Playlist' right click menu item in
* UX Improvement: When saving a newly created .torrent, FrostWire
will make sure the file is saved with the .torrent extension.
* Fixes issue with file names downloaded from FrostWire for Android.
* Fixes issue adding new radio stations to the library.
* Fix of MP3 ID3 tags unicode parsing.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:43:35 -0500
frostwire (5.3.8) stable; urgency=high
* Sends MP4 files (videos) to iTunes.
* Better language auto-detection on configuration wizard.
* Fixes Drag and Drop issue with iTunes >= 10.6.3.
* Fixes issues with Monova search.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:10:15 -0500
frostwire (5.3.7) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Export playlist to iTunes.
* Core upgrade: Better support for UTF-8 torrent contents.
* Faster startup time. No more waiting around 31% on splash screen.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:07:05 -0500
frostwire (5.3.6) stable; urgency=high
* Full support for .m4a audio files (thumbnails, seek)
* AAC downloads from YouTube.
* Fixes issue with search suggestions where the popup wouldn't
* Chinese, Korean character display fixed for Windows and Linux (Gnome only)
* Fixes issue where it was hard to select more than one search result for
* Fixes issue with search results from KAT.ph. Now downloads are started
using magnet links instead of .torrents.
* Supports dragging files from transfer manager.
Useful to send files to iTunes as soon as transfers are done.
* Adds links to Facebook and Google Plus pages on status bar.
* Single file search results now are launched on double click.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 14 May 2012 14:47:00 -0500
frostwire (5.3.5) stable; urgency=high
* Drag and drop files and folders to your Android device running FrostWire.
You can upload files to 3 different devices at the same time.
* Fixes glitch where the file explorer would reset the split pane position.
* Removes flickering on album arts when resizing library explorer
* When the FrostWire window is resized to be very small the search
filters no longer overlap the "Open" and "Send to" buttons.
* Search box on the Library is now on the upper left and
offers contextual hint.
* Search boxes everywhere now have a clear button.
* Playlists are now sorted alphabetically.
* Option panes UI upgrades.
* Better suggestion for a playlist name when a folder is dropped on
* German translation updated.
* French translation updated.
* Norwegian translation updated.
* Dutch translation updated.
* Japanese translation updated.
* Filipino translation updated.
* Chinese (Hong Kong) translation updated.
* Chinese (Taiwan) translation updated.
* Chinese (Mainland) translation updated.
* Turkish translation updated.
* Portuguese (Brazilian) updated.
* Korean translation updated.
* Italian translation updated.
* Hindi translation updated.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.3.4) stable; urgency=high
* New frostwire.exe launcher with extended Unicode support now able to
handle .torrent file names with extended Unicode characters.
* Windows build is Windows 8 compatible.
* Windows build will prefer Java 7 if not JRE is found.
* Improvements when sending files on a local area network via magnet link
or send file to friend.
* Bug fix when opening magnets from a website when FrostWire
was already running.
* User experience improvements on the transfer manager.
* Spanish translation update (93% translated)
* YouTube video search and download support.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.3.3) stable; urgency=high
* Noticeable improvements in CPU performance.
* Noticeable improvements in search result quality.
* Updated TPB search to support magnet link search results.
* Added UT_METADATA extension to Vuze Core for improved magnet link support.
* Upgraded Lucene library to v3.5.0.
* Upgraded H2 to v1.3.164.
* When browsing FrostWire for Android devices (0.9.6+), date added
and date modified fields are available on all file types.
frostwire (5.3.2) stable; urgency=high
* Reverted H2 library to v1.3.160
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:09:46 -0500
frostwire (5.3.1) stable; urgency=high
* Updated default album cover image with an anti-aliased frostwire sphere.
* Fixes bug where clicking on the current song would switch to the library
but the button on the top would not be selected.
* Adds missing icon for "copy magnet" on Send file dialog.
* Library explorer and Playlist explorer are now divided by a split pane
for a better experience.
* Hides hints popup when search is triggered with a mouse click.
* Updated search icon (magnifier).
* Fonts are reset when the setup wizard is shown so the wizard can work
* New View > Reset Font Sizes action.
* The first time the Library button is used "Finished Downloads" is
preselected to give the user a clue of what can be done.
* When a new playlist is created, a graphic is shown to hint the user
about dragging audio files there.
* Updated H2 library to v1.3.164
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:22:15 -0500
frostwire (5.3.0) stable; urgency=high
* Search form looks similar to FrostWire 4 but now allows user to search
for more than one file type at once.
* Improvements in search algorithm.
* Send file/folder feature more effective between just 2 peers.
* Simplification of search form interface, looks similar to FrostWire 4
* Phone & Tablets tab is gone, integration with Android devices is now
part of the Library under a "Devices" tree item.
* Browses, Streams audio, and downloads files made public by Android devices
in the same network.
* When entering a search hints are shown to type less (powered by Google).
* Sorts transfers by "Seeds" correctly.
* Improvements on Library action buttons, now a "Launch" action is available
and buttons are shown/hidden depending on context.
* Fixes bugs where files on a audio playlist could not be dragged out.
* Fixes bugs where deleted files would still appear on the library.
* When right clicking on selected finished transfers and copying an infohash
you won't end up with a trailing newline on the clipboard.
* Sharing ratio of a torrent that you stopped and started seeding again
will not be infinite and will be based on the total sizes of the files
* Now when the transfer split pane is dragged up, the pane border is painted
correctly on top of the image overlay.
* Fixes repainting glitch when moving split pane on top of promotional
* Lots of icons have been revamped for a more uniform look.
* Null Pointer Exception issues #100, #103, #104.
* Fixes issue #93 chat action causing frostwire crash.
* Flickering issue on song progress bar resolved.
* Simplified torrent creation. User now doesn't have to make up her mind
about choosing a file or a folder, the file selection dialog now
handles this for her.
* Brought back "Stop" search button.
* Removed lingering "Show/Hide player" menu entry on status bar context menu.
* If seeding transfers are meant to be finished, newly finished transfers
are not hidden for that session.
* Audio files can be launched using the operating system's default player
Right click on a file "Launc in <OS>"
* Removed BTJunkie search engine.
* Added KickAssTorrents (kat.ph) search engine.
* Fixes issue where downloading removing a partial transfer would
delete previously completed downloads of that same torrent.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:14:10 -0500
frostwire (5.2.11) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes bugs where some BitTorrent configuration settings were reset
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:58:31 -0500
frostwire (5.2.10) stable; urgency=high
* Upload ratios will not be enforced to 30% of downloads anymore.
Users will have free will to set the upload ratio of their preference.
* Update autodownload now supported for mac.
* Updates can now be distributed via both BitTorrent and HTTP.
* HttpFetcher improvements for less resource consumption.
* HttpFetcher now supports large HTTP file downlods (progressive download).
* Improvements to Send File to a friend.
* Fixes bug where some finished Downloads wouldn't "Show in Library"
* Bug report system revised.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 22 Nov 2011 16:34:04 -0500
frostwire (5.2.9) stable; urgency=high
* Enhancement: Lucene full text indexing for Smart Search database to
allow for fuzzy searches.
* Enhancement: Lucene full text indexing for Library database allows
better search results on Radio search and playlist search.
* Enhancement: Audio player will start playing currently selected audio
source if it's on a stopped state.
* Bug Fix: Finished Downloads shows only finished downloads.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:11:10 -0500
frostwire (5.2.8) stable; urgency=high
* Smart search updates uses less DHT resources and fixes logic bugs
that results into faster and better search results.
* New Internet Radio functionality on the Library. Play, Add, Remove
and bookmark your favorite Internet Radio Stations.
* Book/Document search now crawls for .cbr, .cbz, .cb7, .cbt and .cba
* New "Show in Library" action for finished transfers. It is now the
default action when a finished transfer has been double clicked.
* Clicking on the currently played audio control should always take
the user to the currently played audio file.
* Top Library tree nodes re-arranged.
* When downloading a single partial file, the transfer manager shows
the proper icon based on the file type of the file being downloaded.
* Add partial downloads, and multiple transfers that contain audio files
to playlists right from the transfer manager.
* The library can now be configured to scan any folder the user desires.
* Files can be added to playlists right out of search results.
* New explore action button on the Library tab.
* New send to friend action button on the Library tab.
* Faster loading of Finished Downloads.
* Library search behaves as expected for all kinds of searches.
* A lot of bug fixes.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:02:29 -0500
frostwire (5.2.3) stable; urgency=high
* Change the order of an audio file on playlist with drag and drop.
* Change the order of multiple audio files on a playlist with drag and drop.
* Drop audio files and folders at a specific position inside a playlist.
* Remembers the column and order you last set on the transfer manager
* Remembers the last file type you searched for after restart.
* New FrostWire icon compatible with Ubuntu 11.10
* Bug fix, now if you're playing a song and you resort the playlist by
any of the columns, the next song to be played will be the one below
the current song in the new order.
* Searching inside "Finished Downloads" now yields folder names as search
* Fixes lingering popup menu issue.
* Fixed DNS query issue affecting Linux.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:42:08 -0500
frostwire (5.2.2) stable; urgency=high
* Library tables are now cached in memory, searches are done in the cache
speeding up the experience considerably for users with several thousand
* Create or add audio files to a playlist right from the Transfer manager.
* iTunes importing after audio transfers finish turned off by default.
* Completed transfers that contain at least one audio file can be sent
to iTunes from the Transfer manager.
* Audio status component recognizes an Audio Stream, from an Audio file
from an internet stream url. Clicking on it will take you to the
Android Tab if it's an android stream or to the Library otherwise.
* Fixes issues with download mediator refresh.
* Fixes out of memory error.
* Real time UI feedback as audio files are being imported into playlist.
* F5, Cmd+R or Ctrl+R will refresh the current Library table.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:03:10 -0500
frostwire (5.2.1) stable; urgency=high
* Play/Pause player buttons now share the same button depending on state.
* Mac OSX threading bug when importing .m3u playlist to new playlist fixed.
* Pressing space bar pauses/resumes currently played audio.
* Playlist files can be sorted correctly by track number when available.
* FLAC playback support.
* When a playlist has finished importing files, it's shown to the user.
* Transfer manager remembers the position of its JSplitPane.
* Transfer manager sorts downloads by default based on their creation date.
* Transfer manager has new column "Started On" showing the date the transfer
* Drag and drop issues on playlist component for Mac OSX fixed.
* Partial download dialog table can adjust column widths, a horizontal
scrollbar will appear if the sum of the columns is wider than the dialog.
* When playing an audio file, if it gets deleted FROM DISK from inside
FrostWire, the audio file will stop playing.
* Files can be dragged to the "Starred" playlist and they will be marked
as starred. If files are dragged from Disk, creating a new playlist
will be offered, and all the elements on the playlist will be starred.
* Files can be deleted from the "Starred" playlist. This will cause the
files to be unstarred on every other playlist where they belong.
* The tables on the library remember the last position of their scrollbars
during the session.
* Double clicking on a playlist name starts editing the playlist name.
* Fixes bug where downloading an individual file in a torrent wouldn't
be marked in the search results as downloading.
* Fixes a memory leak when importing ID3 tags into a playlist.
* Fixes bug where the duration of an MP3 file wasn't calculated correctly
by MPlayer, duration is now being calculated with Java library.
* Fixes bug where it would import torrent skipped files to iTunes.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:14:11 -0500
frostwire (5.2.0) stable; urgency=high
* New Library Tab, code named "Alexandria"
* New Audio Player controls
* New controls to create and manage playlists
* Drag and drop files from Finished Downloads, Audio, File explorer
into new or existing playlists.
* New control on status bar that shows current audio file being played
with a "Send to friend" button. Clicking on the file name bring user
back to where the audio file is being played.
* Export playlists to .m3u
* Import .m3u into new or existing playlists.
* Filter files inside currently selected file type or playlist.
* Audio player can randomize playback order, or repeat playlist.
* New icons all over the application.
* Album art is displayed when an audio file is selected on a playlist.
* Album art can be scaled in real time with split pane.
* Songs on playlists can be starred, Starred songs are added to "Starred"
* Selected songs on a playlist can be deleted with the Delete key, or
on right click Delete from playlist.
* Playlists can be renamed.
* Playlists can be deleted.
* When songs that have been deleted from disk are attempted to be played
they will be highlighted in red and with an exclamation mark.
* Right clicking on any song on a playlist > Cleanup removes all songs
on a playlist that have been deleted physically from disk.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.1.5) stable; urgency=high
* Bug fix on setup wizard for some window configurations where controls
would not appear unless the user resized the window.
* Bug fix on keyword search filter, wrong keyboard event was being used.
* UX adjustement in the way transfers are sorted when the application is
* UX upgrade where Search Field on the Library now reacts to the DELETE key.
* UX upgrade where the FrostWire left hand side components are laid out
correctly after the user resizes the window from much smaller dimensions.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:1:34 -0500
frostwire (5.1.4) stable; urgency=high
* Bug fix where it would not index torrents when the
file type filter was in use.
* Bug fix when downloading a secondary file from the second torrent
download would not start and would appear as seeding.
* Cleans all empty folders created by a partial download once the download
is removed from the transfer manager.
* Fixes issue with transfer manager resetting the order of columns.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 24 Aug 2011 00:57:38 -0500
frostwire (5.1.3) stable; urgency=high
* Search results now arrive under 200ms, aka, Instant Search.
* New FrostWire "Smart Torrent" search. FrostWire will search inside
top matching torrents for individual files matching the current query.
* Core upgrade, if a .torrent fails to download from its HTTP location
FrostWire will download it from the DHT if it can find it there.
* Functionality to see the size of the Search DB and to reset it.
* UX upgrade, ability to hide/show seeding torrents on transfer manager.
* UX upgrade, Phone & Tablets desktop explorer asks before deleting files.
* UX upgrade, New file "Extension" column on search results.
* UX upgrade, Search tabs now have animated indicator to let user know
a search is still going on.
* UX upgrade, New filter by file type. Filter controls re-arranged.
* UX fix, search results can now be sorted by file type.
* TPB has been added to the list of search engines.
* Mininova is back.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:50:00 -0500
frostwire (5.0.8 ) stable; urgency=high
* Shows torrent details after a download starts to bring traffic back
to the search engine that provided the result as a default setting.
* Shows FrostWire icon for search results to which we can't resolve the
* Removes Mininova from search engines.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:41:08 -0500
frostwire (5.0.7) stable; urgency=high
* UX upgrade, send file or send folder support when a file or folder
is dropped on FrostWire.
* UX upgrade, file choosing dialogs on Mac now also show mounted volumes.
* UX upgrade, playback support for m4a files.
* UX upgrade, search result filters re-arranged.
* UX upgrade, main search button gone, updated search text box to include
clickable search icon.
* UX upgrade, filters re-arranged.
* UX upgrade, searches can be up to 50 characters long.
* UX upgrade, either disconnected or turbocharged, no idle state.
* UX upgrade, search as you type on the library, no more search button.
Disconnected only if it cannot connect to the internet.
* UX bugfix, iTunes options were not visible for Windows users.
* UX bugfix, fixes possible UI freeze on startup.
* UI bugfix, sending songs to iTunes on Mac is now done in a single process.
* Mac OSX Lion compatible.
* Bugfix, issue where opening a torrent from maglnk.com would result in a
double invocation of the Partial Dialog window.
* Bugfix, when user didn't start a partial download the torrent wouldn't be
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:13:16 -0500
frostwire (5.0.6) stable; urgency=high
* New feature, Send file. Available on File Menu and Transfer Manager.
* New feature, Send folder. Available on File Menu and Transfer Manager.
* UX upgrade, we now have a [+] icon next to search result file names to
show partial download dialog.
* UX upgrade, when a partial download is cancelled, the entry is removed
* UX update on partial download dialog. Includes new text filter.
* UX fix, Library search now also looks for .torrents on "Torrents" folder.
* UX fix, Mac OSX file menu does no longer show "Exit" action.
* Fixes bug, incomplete files are no longer exported to iTunes playlist.
* UX update, Help Menu now says "Sharing Help". Items rearranged.
* UX update, rearranged View options into single panel.
* UX update, torrent seeding settings are now a control of its own with
an explanation of what seeding is.
* UX update, the installation wizard now forces the user to decide if
she wants to seed or not seed to continue. Links to what is seeding
are in place.
* UX update, in Windows and Linux, when the user Xs the window the user is
explained that the application will be hidden and is given the option
* UX bugfix, font size can now be increased.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:57:00 -0500
frostwire (5.0.4) stable; urgency=high
* UI upgrade, Create and seed New Torrents.
* UI upgrade, Ability to throttle torrent transfer speeds
* UI upgrade, Copy info hash from torrent.
* UI upgrade, Copy magnet link url from torrent.
* UI upgrade, Searchable library. Searches recursively downloaded
files, folders and torrents.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by Torrent Search Engine.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by file size.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by number of seeds.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by keywords as you type.
* UI upgrade, Ability to download partial files.
* UI upgrade, Promotional slides can now be switched by the user.
* UI upgrade and bug fixes on Phone & Tablets tab.
* UI upgrade, Ability to rebuild "FrostWire" playlist on iTunes.
* UI upgrade, Replaced legacy skinning code for "Substance" skinning system.
* Core update, audio playback is now done using mplayer.
* Core update, Vuze core integration with transfer manager.
re-written from scratch.
* Core update, No Gnutella support. Multiple library dependencies gone.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:00:00 -0500